The Center for Mathematical Morphology (CMM) welcomes French and foreign doctoral students and interns. The research conducted at CMM is related to image processing in general and to mathematical morphology in particular. The fields of application are multiple: multimedia, electronics, materials sciences, industrial control and medicine. Theory and practice are the two guiding axes of most of the work carried out at the CMM:
- The theoretical axis corresponds to the ongoing development of mathematical morphology
- the practical axis is materialized through industrial collaborations which give a precise application to theses and internships.
The working environment within the site of Mines ParisTech in Fontainebleau is pleasant. One hour from Paris, the site brings together around 400 researchers. And those who live there have at their disposal one of the most beautiful forests in France!
- We don't have any open researcher position at the moment. You can find below our PhD and internships offers.
PhD Thesis Proposals
The duration of a PhD thesis is three years; foreign applicants should preferably speak French. If this is not the case, they must be ready to follow an intensive language course upon arrival.
Each thesis proposal is accompanied by a brief description of the research work to be carried out, and indicates the person to contact for more information or to submit your application.
- 18/05/2022 - Neural Radiance Fields for semantic 3D LiDAR data synthesis
- supervised by Beatriz Marcotegui, Santiago Velasco-Forero and Hassan Bouchiba (Exwayz)
- 13/05/2022 - Multiscale Modeling of Plasticity and Damage in Amorphous Solids: from atomistic computations to continuum mechanics - supervised by François Willot
- 16/05/2022 - Hierarchical segmentation of 3D point clouds - Supervisors: Santiago Velasco Forero, Leonardo Gigli (The Cross Product) and Andrés Serna (The Cross Product)
- 20/05/2021 - Implémentation GPU d’un outil de résolution d’EDPs sur des images - Encadré par François Willot
- 20/05/2021 - Simulation de la réponse mécanique d’un matériau de type soil mixingà l’aide de l’analyse d’image et d’un modèle de comportement de matériau traité - Encadré par François Willot
- 20/05/2021 - Modélisation mécanique des matériaux amorphes:De l'échelle atomique à la description continue - Encadré par François Willot
- 27/09/2021 - Exploration of damage nucleation models using graph-based deep-learning methods - Encadré par François Willot
- 13/10/2021 - Physics-Informed Artificial Intelligence for Control by Thermography - Encadré par P. Dokladal et F. WillotWillot